Friday 6 December 2013

Week 8 (already)

Wow, what a busy and exciting year.

This week we have been busy practicing our items for the end of the year concert.  It is a lot of fun, but also a lot of hard work.    We have been working on probability in Maths and had some Year 3 children come and try some of our games.  We played games with cards and other games they had a chance of winning, but mostly the odds were stacked against them.

Please remember 
1. ARB books
2. Costumes
3. Togs

On Friday we wrote a story after we watched a video clip of a firefighter rescuing a kitten.  We pretended that we were the firefighter and had rescued the kitten.  Below is the video and Maria's story. 




I grabbed the hose it was so slippery.  I could hardly keep my hands on it.  I slowly walked through the house there was so much ash and rubble there.  I was searching for survivors and also where the fire had started, as I turned I saw the little kitten lying on the floor.  It looked like it was dead.  I stormed through the house with the kitten.  I get the oxygen for the kitten.  My mate passed a bottle of water and I poured it on the kitten.  The kitten flings back to life then everyone started to clap.  I felt like a Hero.   Maria P

Some of the photos from our Probability games.




1 more week to go.  Enjoy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment